I am so pleased to share I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!
The kind and creative Elaine from rainyleaf.com thoughtfully nominated my blog for it’s very first award. Thank-you Elaine! I so enjoy your creations at rainyleaf.
The timing couldn’t have been more perfect either as I find the middle of Spring demands versatility from a gardener. For me, early Spring is relaxed and I get so much joy in seeing signs of new life unfold daily. Poking around to see what survived the winter, what didn’t and what I might now have room for!
Alas, the days seem to speed by faster and faster (how can this be since daylight is increasing) until a time comes when I realize I have about a jillion garden things to be done and they should all be started – now. That’s where the versatility comes in since I can’t drop my other ongoing duties and commitments. (Sure, the kids could and would eat pizza for a week freeing up a bit of time but still not nearly enough!)
So I’ve been in extreme versatility mode in the form of:
30minutes of pruning here…get dinner started
20 minutes of planting there…then take a kid to a practice
15 minutes of transplanting…get to a meeting
10 minutes…get a shovelful of compost here and there
5 min…check outdoor seedlings for water
This is versatility with a capital V and I imagine it is representative in some way of how many of us handle the “heart” of Spring. Mind you, this is not a complaint about the busyness of Spring gardening, just a strategy to keep everything moving in one’s life and have an amazing food and flora garden too!
Now to the details of the Versatile Blogger Award. Here’s a quick rundown of the “rules.”– Include the Versatile Blogger button in your post – Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them. (Thanks again, Elaine!) – Include 7 random facts about yourself – Nominate 15 other bloggers and notify them by leaving a comment on their blog
1. I am part Basque with dark skin, hair and eyes
2. I am tall (5’11’) and that does not go with looking Basque
3. I have always loved cities and an urban vibe
4. I grew up on a cattle ranch
5. I have always wanted to own a double lot in a large city to have enough space to garden to my heart’s content while the hum of the city surrounds me.
6. If I happen to notice the movie “Remember The Titans” on the television I’ll drop everything I’m doing and watch it to the end.
7. I don’t like to watch movies more than once.
My nominees (alphabetically) for the Versatile Blogger Award
- 66 Square Feet
- Back Road Journal
- Bumble Lush
- Chiot’s Run
- Danger Garden
- Mountain Plover – All About Gardening and Birding
- Muddy Boot Dreams
- My Secret Garden
- Our French Garden in the Beautiful Dordogne
- Our Life in Idaho
- Out of My Shed
- Ramblings From A Desert Garden
- The Sartorialist
- The Gardening Blog
I enjoy reading these blogs as each creator has a unique talent and perspective they offer to the world in a beautiful, engaging format. Most of my nominees cover gardening but there are a few in my favored list that cover fashion, travel, food and more. So have some fun and explore a bit to see if you may find a connection with one of these great blogs just as I have!